background

9.9.10

According to this quiz,

Jeff is lucky he didn't marry me 80 years ago - he would have been the joke about town.

-8

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Poor (Failure)

Take the test!



That's right friends, I am a bad wife. Nah, not really, just to 1930's standards. What I find funny about this is that I am pretty sure I am more like a 1930's wife then most women my age. Ok, I swear, I work, I haven't given him children, I probably don't cook as well, I don't wear stockings and I cook in my pj's but, I sew, I cook, I clean, I do his laundry, I make the bed everyday etc.

As I get older, the younger feminist side of me is slowly dying and, I am totally ok with that. I am beginning to understand the importance of roles in family dynamics. I am ok with doing pink jobs and Jeff doing blue jobs. In fact, I like it that way. He brings home to bacon and I cook it. Deal with it.

Let's not assume I am some sort of Mrs Cleaver though, nope, not even close. I have adopted a modern twist on her. Think Mrs Cleaver in jeans and a t-shirt that will do anything but vacuum - that's me. I hate vacuuming so, generally, Jeff does it. Everything else though, that's me. Jeff for sure helps out lots though. I really think we have a great balance around 219. So, while I may not be a good 1930's wife, I don't think she has anything on me!

2 comments:

  1. you're an even hotter version of mrs. cleaver. but who wants to be her anyways? you're perfect just the way you are! (and your shepherd's pie ROCKS my a$$.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh! It is September 19th and Happy 1st Anniversary! Doesn't seem like a whole year has gone by since your wedding. And it was a beautiful wedding! Don't worry about the perfect 1930's wife - what did they know anyway - poor things. You two are doing great. Wish you many happy more years together and tons of love. Hugzz -- Auntie Sharon

    ReplyDelete