background

22.3.10

The weekend is over already?

That was the weekend?!

WOW! That flew by. Jeff woke me up this morning, I noticed it was still dark outside and became instantly angry with him for telling me it’s time to get up, before the sun, on a Sunday? WTH? After a few moments of fuzzy thoughts, I realized that, in fact, it’s Monday morning. Bleh!

Anyway, we had a great weekend. Friday night, I worked until 9 but when I got home we watched a scary movie, “Splinter”. It was way odd. I am not even going to review it. It’s kind of out there but had a few scary/creepy moments. Jeff says it won “Best Horror Movie in 2008”, note to self, don’t watch 2008 horror movies (they must all suck).

Saturday Jeff worked and I cleaned the abode and made stew in the slow cooker. Mmmmmm. Julie and Steve came over to play “Pay Me” on Saturday night and Julie and I had some business decisions to make regarding our house. We actually wrote things down, first time in our business adventure we have done this. See, we are getting older now and our memories just don’t function as well. Sad but true.

Steve won both games of Pay Me. Of course he did. Jeff threw a fit about how he hates that game, we laughed at him, I internalized my anger at losing AGAIN and then they went home. Usually how a night of Pay Me goes dammit.

Sunday, the parent and grandparent in-laws came for a visit. It was so great to see them. Seriously. Not even making it up, I love them and got a pretty great set of in-laws. We went for a bit of a drive around the lake, stopped for lunch, drove some more, did a little shopping and had lots of great conversation. Sad to see them leave but they promised to not wait so long to come back. Hopefully in the summer because it is so much nicer at our house in the summer.

It was then time to do our chores, have I mentioned we are looking after the neighbour’s chickens etc? I haven’t. Well, it is what it is. Let them out in the morning, feed and water, collect eggs, let them in in the evening. Crap! I forgot to let them out this morning. Oh boy. After doing the chicken stuff, we picked up land mines in the backyard. There was A LOT. Gross.

That’s about it, busy but pretty laid back. I think this post is even going to put me to sleep. Now I am too worried about the chickens to concentrate anyway. Stupid chickens. Have I mentioned they attack me? No joke. Pictures to come.

1 comment:

  1. Great Blog Jeff and Becka! Your life is filled with exciting events - even urban volunteer chicken farming! Need to pass your Blog address on the Mrs. Hagarty! She is in Florida now but she often asks me how you are and what you are doing! Auntie Sharon

    ReplyDelete