background

16.4.10

Happy Friday!

Working an evening tonight....bluck! I really dislike working an evening on Friday's. I do it, but I don't enjoy it lol.

Waiting on another estimate for the roof this morning. Fingers crossed it will be lower then the last. I will crawl my arse up there and nail every shingle myself it saves me $3000...none of us want to see that or, better yet, none of us want to hear my whine about it after the fact.

The neighbours are back from across the pond so we are officially off chicken watching duty!!!! Whoot, Whoot for that. Now, please don't peg me as ungrateful here, I'm not, I appreciate a nice thought as much as anyone. Our thank you from them was...... a T-Shirt for each of us, a reuseable shopping bag and a chocolate bar. There was also a very kind thank you card which was the best part and really, all that was necessary.

Oh and with my T-Shirt came a statement about my size. Of course, I saw that coming a mile away (or 1200 as the case may be).

This brings me to another point, why is it that as people get older they think the world begs (or must be privy to) for their opinion and thoughts. Seriously, is that as we age our internal filters breakdown? Like an eslactic that sits in the sun (at least that's what I picture). My point is that no matter your age, I don't want to hear your judgements.

xoxo

P.S. The second estimate was $3700. I guess our initial estimates we low and I should just face the facts. 219's roof is going to cost double what I thought it would. GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment