background

8.4.10

The dreaded Man Cold

Yes, according to Jeff there is such a thing. We were watching Dr Phil, as we do most nights when we eat supper, and he was doing a segment about how men act when they are sick. They played a video from overseas that outlines how men act.

See it here…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbmbMSrsZVQ

How true is that eh?! Anyway, my point is that I have a cold this week and, I think it may just be a man cold. It seems I contracted it from my father, makes sense right? Unfortunately, I continue to make supper, do laundry, do the stupid chicken chores and go to work. A man cold coupled with woman duties is by far the worst cold ever!

How was your Easter? Ours was fantastic! The weather was amazing and we tried to spend as much time outside enjoying it as possible. We ended up seeing a lot of people over the weekend but alas, not all that we had planned.

People that have never lived a distance from friends and family don’t seem to understand how hard it is. I mean really, we have 2 days to see A LOT of people. Sometimes we split off so we can double our numbers but then it’s hard to pick who gets to visit whom. We have recently adopted a new rule, “Don’t tell anyone when we are back home.” That may seem a little harsh at first but really, it spares the dramz (yes, I wrote dramz lol).

People know what we drive and they know where my parents live, so, if you drive by and see our hot looking MV (sounds better then mini van right?) in the driveway, please, feel free to stop in. Also worth noting, there is always an open invitation to anyone that would like to come to our house and visit, that truly is the easiest.

In true Newton fashion, I ran into a very good friend of mine who has moved to the Yukon but was home for Easter. That my friends is why I LOVE coming from a very small town. We all run into eachother and it’s like we haven’t missed a beat. I miss everyone back home like crazy, some days I am ready to make a call and list the house up here so we can pack it in a move back but, it just isn’t in the cards for us yet. Hopefully soon!

I never would have thought that someday I would miss my beer drinking-horsedriving-one intersection- small town as much as I do. Just goes to prove, you can take the girl out of the town but you sure can’t take Newton out of me.

Newton Rock City all the way!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I just watched the the man cold! It is so so so true love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete