background

14.4.11

Almost there

and this house will never be ready. We are getting new windows soon (by soon I mean the same week I am due). The guy promised me that if I was at the hospital in labour, they would let the dogs out for us. Gee thanks.
What seems silly to me is that serious nesting only sets in close to the end. That's like cruel and unusual punishment isn't it? I can barely moove, my feet look like blown up medical gloves (my Dr says this is fine, in case you are concerned), my back hurts and oh man? I have some ligaments that are getting a daily work out. Why would I now have the urge to throw out furniture, get rid of picture frames, go through closets and scrub my floors? Perhaps it's my subconcious trying to bring this pregnancy to an end?
Had an ultrasound this week, I am still measuring ahead (awesome!) and they are estimating this child to weigh 6lbs 9oz right now. In case you aren't aware, they say that a baby gains about 3/4lb every week for the last 4 or so. I am not good at math and I don't know if you are either, but that puts this child around 10lbs at birth. She says, "We can be wrong by a pound or two" after she sees the tears in my eyes and hears the screaming inside my head. Good, that brings us back down to 4 lbs 9 ozs. Just where we should be. Perfect and thank you very much. I left a happy pregnant woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment