background

4.5.10

Random Ramblings

Been a crazy week around 219! Jeff was out of town last week and I was working mostly evenings. Now, for those of you that know us, you can probably see the issues this may cause. Our house thrives on routine. Yes, it has even trickled down to the dogs. So, when Jeff is OOT and I am not home in the evenings either, chaos ensues; however, we all survived. Well, almost all of us...

Hershey found a squirrel and, I am sorry to report friends, the cute little grey squirrel didn't make it.

Let's start at the beginning (I am going to try and give you the Cliff's notes version). I get home from work around 9:30pm, let the dogs outside, hear crazy amounts of barking. It's dark out but I can see Buff Buff's whiteness scurrying back and forth across the yard. At that same moment, I hear noises. Noises that I never want to hear again. Noises I would not dare imitate because it's better you not hear them my precious reader.

Being the animal lover I am, I start screaming. Screaming obscenities, screaming dogs names, just screaming lol. Buff Buff then decides that her Mama is in trouble and she had better save me by trying to leap into my arms. Unfortunately, her short little Beagle legs can't get that much bounce behind them. Anywho, Me Too drops the little body and takes off cause he knows he is in SERIOUS trouble.

My brain has now gone into "Oh No! What am I going to do with this thing?" mode. Luckily, we are blessed with great neighbours! Neighbours so great that when I went over knocking on their door at 9:45 pm with blood up my arm, they don't hesitate to come and help. Help me to do the dirty work that I cannot bring myself to do.

RIP squirrel. I would like to say you will be missed but, unfortunately, I am sure that you are the exact squirrel that was digging up my bulbs. I am sad it had to end this way and I am still mad at Me Too but, perhaps there is a small silver lining?

The blood on my arm was Me Too's. HA! Squirrel got one last zing in at least.

It was horrible. Same thing happened 2 days later but luckily, Jeff was home. I will not share the details of that one. Same ending.

RIP Squirrel #2. Me Too now has a muzzle for when he is outside. We cannot handle the carnage around here. Bad Chi I am sure.

On a happy note, we went for our photoshoot. I don't think I mentioned it on here before. We did a Trash the Dress shoot. Nope, my dress isn't trashed. The weather was great and the sky turned out exactly as I had hoped. Lots of grey layers (read: stormy looking and interesting). We went to Wasaga Beach and commissioned the most amazing photographers: Rowell Photography. Erika and Ryan were fantastic. We had a blast and I am positive we will get some very unique and amazing shots.

Here is the sneak peek...



Wow eh?! Nope, it's not photo shopped, we were there in the flesh!

More to come in a few weeks.

That's all for now but, I want to leave you with a promise:

"I promise to be a better and more consistent blogger from here forward."

No comments:

Post a Comment