background

27.5.10

Making the switch...

So, as we have talked about before, I am trying to get 219 to a place where it houses (mostly) all natural and cruelty free products. This is no easy feat my friends. I have a few reviews to share with you and will add more as I continue to test these products.

Toothpaste.

We are currently trying Tom’s of Maine (peppermint flavour). Tom’s offers fluoride free, baking soda based paste that is all natural and cruelty free (perfect right?!). It does leave my teeth feeling clean but I think it could use a little more mint in there. I have used baking soda in the past and it really does taste awful. It’s kind of salty but not as bad as pure baking soda.

Here are a few links to information on toothpaste to get you started. It amazed me how much crap is in regular toothpaste.

Brush your way to a greener (and whiter) smile.
Natural toothpaste vs Regular toothpaste

Deodorant

This is a tough one. Poor Jeff.

First I tried J/A/S/O/N brand unscented, all natural, cruelty free deodorant. It did not work. I repeat, did not work. Actually, I think it made my pits smell worse then when I wear no deodorant. Is that possible?

Next I tried Dr Mist. This was after many conversations and lots of internet research. Dr Mist comes highly recommended by staff at the natural food store I visit. In the end of this visit, a small group of women had gathered in front of the deodorant section and were sharing war stories about which brands have not worked.

Anywho, I tried Dr Mist and it works so far! It’s made of highly concentrated minerals that kill bacteria on the skin surface (hence why no B.O. – those nasty bacteria are DEAD!). So, it’s a little spray bottle (kind of like body spray) and you spray your pit (or feet) spread it with your hand and Voila! When it dries it leaves a residue that continues to work for up to 3 days (unless you shower in between – please shower in between).

I got the lavender scent and quite enjoy it. Not overpowering at all. If you have sensitive skin, they recommend the unscented version.

Did I mention that Dr Mist spray also has all sorts of other healing properties? Check it out

That’s all I have time to review for now. It took way longer then I thought it would. More to come on Sunscreen, lip balm, lotions, soap, shampoo and conditioner.

Please keep in mind that this is an expensive endeavour and so I can’t do it all at once. Jeff would have my head. We have already had to talk about the finances of my new adventures; however, it’s important to me and I feel like my health as well as that of my environment is worth it. If more people used these natural products they wouldn’t be so dang expensive. Come on people, help a girl out!

Oh and most of these products can be ordered online via their websites or, purchased at your local health food/ natural food store. If you need help, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment