background

17.5.10

Showers, Ringworm and Life Changes

First off, Happy Monday.

Second, I hosted a Bridal Shower for Julie this weekend and it went really well! Everyone seemed to have a great time and Jeff and I survived the preparations. Buff Buff and Me Too were fairly well behaved other than doing thier share of begging for tasty morsels. I baked some red velvet cupcakes and made cream cheese icing (both for the first time) and they were delish! I also found a very interesting punch recipe that got some great reviews. We are now getting down to the nitty gritty pre wedding stuff, I can't wait! The Bachelorette Party is coming very soon and is sure to be a great time.

Third, I am sure you have all heard about the ringworm outbreak at the York Region OSPCA. Awful. I will spare you my polotical speech/rant at this time; however, the OSPCA seems to be doing some serious backward motion since they caused a huge public outcry after their announcement of mass euthanizations in their shelter. Animals have been lost, many have been saved and reputations have been destroyed. I feel I have done my part to show my support to the animals. I refuse to be one of those people that sits around and is saddened by such events yet, does nothing about it. Seriously, if you are so upset you can't even talk about, why not try and do something. Don't just be sad, be motivated. Save the drama for your mama!

Fourth, on account of my previous paragraph, I have decided to make more eco friendly changes here at 219. We have made the switch to eco friendly cleaners (vinegar mostly) with the exception of stain remover (I am trying natural stain removers but they just don't cut it - I have serious stains people) and now we are going to make the move to hygeine products that are not tested on animals. What an adventure this is. There is a lot of research that needs to be done to figure what companies these may be. Some test some of their products on animals but not a specific line they offer. Not good enough. I want to support companies that don't do it at all. No, I am not turning into a dreaded hippie, I am just giving it my best to do what I can to support my causes. I am trying to walk my talk and no more just talking it.

The computer is back. We had an issue with Vista (our first one so I guess that's good). Seems she got some updates that she didn't like. We now have Windows 7 and Jeff is far less cranky. Good thing we just bought a laptop too eh?!

Looking forward to this weekend! My cousin, her partner and their kids are coming to 219!!! They have never been here before so I can't wait to spend time with them and share our home. In the spirit of their upcoming visit, the spare room underwent major cleaning. I will nto share the details of this.

Ok, off to get ready for work. On the van 3 days this week. This means I am working 3 evenings again, bitersweet.

Have a great week lovely readers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment