background

10.5.10

Weekend Getaway Recap

Have I ever mentioned on here how I rue Mondays? Well if I haven’t, consider it done. If I have, too bad, you get to “hear” it again.

Today may be a Monday, but it isn’t so bad. I feel relaxed, rejuvenated and ready for the week (did I mention I am off tomorrow? Lol). This being a short week for me may have something to do with my new found Monday attitude I suppose but, let’s be honest, who cares why? I like it!

This weekend, I surprised Julie with a weekend getaway to Blue Mountain (Collingwood) including a day trip to Le Scandinave Spa. Wow! It was awesome. I am sure the excellent company made it that much better. We hung out, watched a chick flick (Everybody’s Fine starring Robert De Niro), spent a day at the spa, ate some good food, some bad food and had quite a few delicious drinks.

Julie was surprised (Thank you to all the people involved) and she said she had a great time. That’s what matters the most right?!

We had a massage at the spa, it was great. I was a little nervous, it was my first time. At 10:30, a woman by the name of Kathleen called my name and away we went. I gingerly crawled up onto the table and told her she was my first. She laughed (of course she did, let’s not forget, I am a funny one!) and promised she would be gentle. 10 minutes later I asked her to move to Keswick and marry me. She declined (a blessing in surprise I suppose). Alas, I will never see my new love again unless I pay her. Hmmmmmm.



The Scandinavian baths are an interesting experience. First, you start by relaxing in a hot bath (102°), eucalyptus steam room or dry sauna for 15 minutes and then you move to a cold plunge (71°) and complete the circuit with at least 15 minutes of relaxation in a quiet room, lounging in a lawn chair around an open fire, or in the summer, laying in a hammock. This circuit is to be repeated at least 4 times for optimal relaxation. It was AWESOME!!!!!! Even the cold plunge was great. I didn’t try the sauna, I have a great dislike for them but, Julie did and she had mixed reviews. The steam room was great and the hot baths were great too.

They encourage silence in all the areas but especially in the quiet rooms. You may be surprised to read this but, we had no issues with compliance. Others sure did though and it was annoying.

Saturday night we went to Coppers Blues in the Village at Blue Mountain and it was great! We had our meals (which were very prompt) but the best part was their extensive martini menu. We indulged in $10 maritini’s and they were worth every single cent. I am now armed with some delicious new recipe’s!!!!!

Try this one…

Chunky Monkey
-1 oz banana liquer
-1 oz bailey’s
-1 oz butterscotch liquer



Shake over ice, strain and serve.

I returned home to a hungover husband (he can’t handle himself when I am away) that made me a lovely supper of stuffed chicken (stuffed with spinach, bacon and havarti) and aspargus. It was delicious!!! Thanks Jeff!

Oh and did I mention that there was a young couple at the table beside us that was coveting my prized possession? When we got up to leave, her boyfriend asked me where I got it. I was stunned, where do you think I got it from? It ain’t no knock off thankyouverymuch. His girlfriend was equally embarrassed at his ridiculous question.

No comments:

Post a Comment